Flexion Distraction Technique (F&D)
-Advances in Spinal Care –
Flexion Distraction (F&D) is a gentle, chiropractic procedure that is used to improve the function of spinal joints.
Most often utilized for the treatment of spinal disc problems, Flexion Distraction Therapy is an effective treatment for neck and back pain and can be a safe alternative to spinal surgery and spinal facet joint injections.
Flexion Distraction is utilized in many Spinal Clinics and Spine Institutes for a variety of conditions, such as:
- Disc Herniation (Ruptured, Protruded, “Bulging” Discs)
- Spinal joint restriction (chronic, acute, symptomatic or asymptomatic)
- Progressive Neurological Losses in Arms and/or Legs
Sciatica / Leg Pain
- Failed Spinal Surgery
- Failed or Partially Successful Course of Steroidal Injections
- “Whiplash” Injuries
- Spinal Stenosis
- Disc Problems
- Chronic Back and/or Neck pain
In conjunction with Flexion Distraction, most care plans also include McKenzie Method treatment, which encourages spinal disc healing while allowing the patient to return to normal joint loading activities as soon as possible. This technique is especially effective in the resolution of disc problems.
McKenzie Method is focused on improving the mobility of the spine and reshaping its intervertebral discs. This conservative medical treatment method also helps to desensitize highly painful and reactive nerve fibers in the spine. In conjunction with Flexion Distraction, patients can expect to return to their normal activities sooner than with either technique alone.
How Does Flexion-Distraction Work?
For Spinal Discs:
- Increases the intervertebral disc height to remove tension on the annular fibers, reduce inflammation, and improve circulation.
- Allows the center of the spinal disc (nucleus pulposus) to return to its normal position, thereby
- Mimics the natural spinal disc re-hydration that occurs during a full night’s sleep.
- Improves function and movement patterns by dampening overactive pain fibers.
For Joints, Muscles and Nerves:
- Restores normal motion to vertebral joints.
- Decompresses vascular and neural tissue and
improves nerve supply.This is especially important when dealing with disc problems.
- Increases flexibility by elongating spinal muscles and discouraging spasm.
Since 1982 Cherubino Health Center has been a leader in chiropractic, holistic and alternative healthcare.
From the latest in nonforceful gentle flexion distraction chiropractic treatments for spine and disc problems, to progressive therapies such as electro and laser acupuncture, the center has been a bastion of hope for thousands of individuals and families.
Whole body integrative approach to natural health care
- Individualized treatment
- Wellness programs
- Availability of multidisciplinary treatment options in one location