What Happens To Your Body If You Drink A Coke Right Now?
by Wade Meredith on December 8, 2006
This is a great article that was written by Wade Meredith in 2006. It is as appropriate today as it was in 2006.
Considering the sugar and other toxins contained in these “drinks” it can be quite disturbing. It is even more upsetting when one considers how much coca cola and other coke types of sugar drinks are consumed worldwide every minute of every day it.
By the way, even if you take the sugar out as in diet coke and other sugar free drinks, these liquids are still harmful.
After reading the article below, check out what the Huffington Post has to say about coca cola and the effects of white sugar.
Also, be sure to listen to the podcast on the subject from the Ask Dr Ron Radio Show at the bottom of this page.
Have you ever wondered why Coke comes with a smile? It’s because it gets you high. They took the cocaine out almost a hundred years ago.
You know why? – It was redundant.
- In The First 10 minutes: 10 teaspoons of sugar hit your system. (100% of your recommended daily intake.) You don’t immediately vomit from the overwhelming sweetness of the sugar because phosphoric acid cuts the flavor allowing you to keep it down.
- 20 minutes: Your blood sugar spikes, causing an insulin burst. Your liver responds to this by turning any sugar it can get its hands on into fat. (There’s plenty of that at this particular moment)
- 40 minutes: Caffeine absorption is complete. Your pupils dilate, your blood pressure rises, as a response your livers dumps more sugar into your bloodstream. The adenosine receptors in your brain are now blocked preventing drowsiness.
- 45 minutes: Your body ups your dopamine production stimulating the pleasure centers of your brain. This is physically the same way heroin works, by the way.
- >60 minutes: The phosphoric acid binds calcium, magnesium and zinc in your lower intestine, providing a further boost in metabolism. This is compounded by high doses of sugar and artificial sweeteners also increasing the urinary excretion of calcium.
- >60 Minutes: The caffeine’s diuretic properties come into play. (It makes you have to pee.) It is now assured that you’ll evacuate the bonded calcium, magnesium and zinc that was headed to your bones as well as sodium, electrolyte and water.
- >60 minutes: As the rave inside of you dies down you’ll start to have a sugar crash. You may become irritable and/or sluggish. You’ve also now, literally, pissed away all the water that was in the Coke. But not before infusing it with valuable nutrients your body could have used for things like even having the ability to hydrate your system or build strong bones and teeth.
This will all be followed by a caffeine crash in the next few hours. (As little as two if you’re a smoker.)
But, hey, have another Coke, it’ll make you feel better.
Technorati Tags: coke, effects, pharmacology, soda, caffeine, sugar
*FYI: The Coke itself is not the enemy, here. It’s the dynamic combo of massive sugar doses combined
with caffeine and phosphoric acid. Things which are found in almost all soda.
Coca Cola Advertising Really Works!
And if we admit it, many of us find that we have a warm fuzzy feeling about our sugar laden, Coca Cola, Coke. Hence everything from Coca Cola Clocks to other Coca Cola Collectibles have their own category on ebay.
This audio podcast may just convince you to avoid drinks with sugar and the other toxins contained in coke. Good bye sugar toxic Coca Cola, hello natural sugar drinks, or maybe sugar and sweetener free drinks..