At Cherubino Health Center most of our patients are familiar with our mascot Marcel. Here is a recipe for frozen “pupsicles” that are both Marcel approved and a great way to help your pets stay cool during these hot dog days of summer months.
Marcel says, “Just imagine how hot you would be if you had to wear a fur coat all summer long”!
Many pet owners are unaware that frozen dog treats exist. To make this recipe even better, these Nutty Banana Yogurt Pupsicles are healthy and nutritious!
We recommend using organic ingredients to make these homemade frozen dog treats super healthy.
Ingredients for Pupsicles:
- 16oz Plain Yogurt (may use Greek or conventional style)
- ½ Cup Natural Peanut Butter (Smooth/Creamy works best)
- ½ Banana
- Melt peanut butter, in a microwave (be careful melts quickly) or a stove-top pan (double boiler works well)
- Combine melted PB, yogurt and banana in a blender or food processor. Mix until well blended.
- Pour mixture into cupcake liners. (There are even molds shaped like dog biscuits that can be used if you’re so inclined)
- If your dog is on the smaller side (like my brother and me), you may want to use mini cupcake liners. They’re also pretty cute!
- Place in freezer for a couple hours until relatively frozen through.
- Serve these frozen dog treats to your pup (or pups, if you’re having a puppy party!) and watch them go to town!
- Don’t forget to remove the liner of these pupsicles, before handing them over to your fuzzy friend!
Makes 5-8 servings of pupsicles, depending on size used.